View Terms & Conditions
Agreement & Commitment To Serve
Thank you for choosing our team at Lifeproof to serve you!
Our 2 core objective are to make things SIMPLE and FAIR.
We're not just roofers. We're storm restoration specialists with an expertise in streamlining insurance claims. And we promise that our customer service and focused concentration on the insurance process is next to none. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly if you have any questions.
Kevan Boone - CEO
These terms and agreements give our company representative permission to:
- Access client property in order to inspect, measure, estimate, diagram, and photograph any necessary items relevant to the potential insurance claim.
- Meet with client insurance adjuster on site to review scope of damages and discuss claim in order to reach a settlement.
- Correspond with clients insurance company on behalf of client via phone, email, etc. in order to facilitate any further supplements and final invoicing relevant to the claim.
LIFEPROOF Roofing & Construction will invest their time and expertise to assist the Customer / Property Owner(s) with the entirety of the insurance claim process, to ensure that a fair adjustment of damages is made by their insurance carrier, in order to fully restore the loss caused by the damage.
The Customer/Property Owner(s) agree to allow LIFEPROOF Roofing & Construction to begin repairs to the property as soon as (within 30days, as permissible with LIFEPROOF Roofing & Construction's schedule), and only once the claim is approved by the Insurance Company.The replacement cost value (RCV) and this contract price (Insurance RCV) will be determined by the insurance Company’s handling claims adjuster and any supplements, if necessary. The Customer/Property Owner(s) agree to disclose the estimate of damages and insurance claim amount, immediately upon receipt from the Insurance Company.
NO WAVING OF DEDUCTIBLES BILL: Texas HB 2102
Texas law requires a person insured under a property insurance policy to pay any deductible applicable to a claim made under the policy. It is a violation of this Texas law for a person or business paid wholly or partly from proceeds of a property insurance claim to knowingly allow the insured person to fail to pay. Or assist the insured person’s failure to pay, the applicable insurance deductible. See SECTION 2. Business & Commerce Code, is amended to read as follows: Section 27.02. “Goods or Services Paid for by Insurance Proceeds: Payment of Deductible Required
This contract is contingent upon the Insurance Company paying for the replacement cost of roof repairs or replacement. In the event this insurance claim is denied, this contract shall become VOID. In the event the Insurance Claim is approved, this contract is in force. This is a legal and binding agreement governed by the laws of the State of Texas.
FINANCIAL TERMS & PAYMENT
This agreement is based upon Insurance Company Proceeds plus any and all supplements, upgrades, change orders, and/or overhead & profit. If no dollar amount is entered on this agreement, the final figure shall be equal to the Replacement Cost Value of the final revised insurance scope, AFTER all supplements are approved.
You will receive funds for repairs from your insurance company, including supplements which can occur before or after the repairs are completed. If supplemental claims are necessary to properly reimburse Lifeproof Roofing & Construction for material & labor costs incurred on the project, then the customer agrees to hold the funds in trust specifically for the payment of Lifeproof Roofing & Construction upon substantial completion. Be aware of your obligation to pay these supplements and notify us immediately after you receive the funds from your insurance company.
A deposit must be placed at the time of execution of this contract in the minimum amount of the customer’s insurance policy deductible. Subsequent payment shall be made at either equivalent of the ACV value or 50% of the contract value before commencement of work. Remaining balance of 50%, or the remaining balance of the RCV yet to be paid, is due at substantial completion. If work has been substantially completed, customer agrees to pay the entirety of the remaining balance minus a 5% hold back until any punch list items are completed to the customer’s reasonable satisfaction. For the purpose of this agreement the term “reasonable” shall mean all manufacturer’s specifications and/or building codes are met and the product is aesthetically pleasing to the customer in comparison to common installation methods.
If undersigned fails to pay any amounts due under this contract within (30) days from date of completion or upon receipt from insurance, the undersigned agrees to pay all costs of collection plus attorney’s fee, should the same be placed in the hand of an attorney for collection, along with (18) percent interest on unpaid balance. LIFEPROOF Roofing & Construction is not responsible for damage caused by improper original construction, including but not limited to, faulty framing, masonry, bracing, plumbing, electrical, A/C, and/or roof decks. Any additional work not listed on the insurance coverage documentation will be an additional charge, and will be approved by Customer / Property Owner(s)before work begins.
It is the Customer/Property Owner’s responsibility to comply and notify the owner, Kevan Boone, in writing by email at email@example.com, of any deed restrictions and/or any community association requirements.
*This contract and its content are proprietary information of LIFEPROOF Roofing & Construction and are not to be reproduced., THE CUSTOMER / PROPERTY OWNER(S), MAY CANCEL THIS TRANSACTION AT ANY TIME PRIOR TO MIDNIGHT OF THE THIRD BUSINESS DAY AFTER THE DATE OF THIS TRANSACTION. SEE THE ATTACHED NOTICE OF CANCELLATION FOR AN EXPLANATION OF THIS RIGHT. THE PROPERTY OWNER(S) / CUSTOMER FURTHER UNDERSTANDS, ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT IF THE CUSTOMER / PROPERTY OWNER(S) CANCELS THIS CONTRACT AFTER THIS THREE (3) BUSINESS DAY PERIOD, AND THE CUSTOMER/ PROPERTY OWNER’S INSURANCE COMPANY HAS APPROVED THIS ROOFING TRANSACTION/INSURANCE CLAIM, THE CUSTOMER/PROPERTY OWNER(S) WILL PAY TO Lifeproof Roofing & Construction. A PENALTY FEE OF15% OF THE INSURANCE CLAIM (RCV) FOR SERVICES RENDERED (TIME, EXPERTISE, DOCUMENTATION & EXPENSES) WITHIN10 DAYS OF CANCELLATION.
THE PARTIES EXPRESSLY WARRANT THAT THEY HAVE CAREFULLY READ ALL PARTS TO THIS AGREEMENT, UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENTS AND SIGNED THIS AGREEMENT BY THEIR OWN FREE ACT. (SEE REVERSE SIDE FOR TEXAS PROPERTY CODE,CHAPTER 27 DISCLOSURE STATEMENT AND MISCELLANEOUS.)
TEXAS PROPERTY CODE CHAPTER 27 DISCLOSURE STATEMENT THIS CONTRACT IS SUBJECT TO CHAPTER 27, PROPERTY CODE. THE PROVISIONS OF THAT CHAPTER MAY AFFECT YOUR RIGHT TO RECOVER DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE PERFORMANCE OF THIS CONTRACT. IF YOU HAVE A COMPLAINT CONCERNING A CONSTRUCTION DEFECT ARISING FROM THE PERFORMANCE OF THIS CONTRACT AND THAT THE DEFECT HAS NOT BEEN CORRECTED THROUGH NORMAL WARRANTY SERVICE, YOU MUST PROVIDE NOTICE REGARDING THE DEFECT TO THE CONTRACTOR BY CERTIFIED MAIL, RETURN RECEIPT REQUESTED, NOT LATER THAN THE 60TH DAY BEFORE THE DATE YOU FILE SUIT TO RECOVER DAMAGES IN A COURT OF LAW. THE NOTICE MUST REFER TO CHAPTER 27, PROPERTY CODE, AND MUST DESCRIBE THE CONSTRUCTION DEFECT. IF REQUESTED BY THE CONTRACTOR, YOU MUST PROVIDE THE OPPORTUNITY TO INSPECT AND CURE THE DEFECT PRIOR TO ANY CLAIM OR SUIT, AS PROVIDED BY SECTION 27.004,PROPERTY CODE.
1. We warrant that our installers will perform their work in a good and workmanlike manner and that your roof will be free from leaks caused by defects in workmanship for the time stated on the face of this Contract. THE SOLE REMEDY AVAILABLE UNDER THIS CONTRACT IS LABOR FOR REPAIRS WITHIN THE APPLICABLE WARRANTY PERIOD.
2. The warranty applies to completed repair work, but only as to the roof area where LIFEPROOF Roofing & Construction performed the repair.
3. All material warranties are the material warranties of the manufacturer. LIFEPROOF Roofing & Construction is not responsible for material warranties. You agree to complete the manufacturer warranty documentation, for which will be provided after completion of the project, and submitted by the homeowner to the manufacturer. LIFEPROOF Roofing & Construction is not responsible for the transfer of materia lwarranty.
4. You agree that LIFEPROOF Roofing & Construction is not responsible for damage from fire, windstorm, hail, tornadoes, hurricanes, or other hazards to work in progress or completed work, even if it occurs during the warranty period, absent a separate written agreement signed by you and LIFEPROOF Roofing & Construction before work is commenced.
5. Skylight and dormer units, if not replaced, are not warranted under the terms of our workmanship warranty. The flashing of these units area part of the roof installation.
6. The homeowner / customer must notify LIFEPROOF Roofing & Construction within 48 hours of any defects or damages presumed to be caused by the roof installation.
7. Warranties are not valid until the account is paid in full.
This contract and its content are proprietary information of LIFEPROOF Roofing & Construction and are not to be reproduced.
1. Waiver of subrogation. Owner and Contractor waive all rights and claims against each other and any of their subcontractor, agents, and employees for damages caused by fire or any other causes of loss to the extent such loss is covered by property insurance. This waiver of subrogation is perpetual and continues beyond the completion for the work performed under this contract This waiver of subrogation isapplicable to any loss or damage covered by property insurance, inclusive of property to other than the work completed by the Contractor under the contract. The intent for this provision is to require the Owner and Contractor to look solely to their property insurance and not toone another for recover of loss or damage covered by property insurance.
2. This contract may only be modified in writing signed by both You/Customer and LIFEPROOF Roofing & Construction. Neither party is relying on any statements or representations, oral or in writing, not expressly written in the Contract, all such statements and representaonsbeing immaterial and not surviving shall be governed and enforced according to the laws. If any provision of this Contract is determined to beunenforceable, such determination shall not affect he remaining terms of the Agreement, which shall remain fully effective and enforceable.
1. Roofing work involves construction and demolition and can result in falling debrisand other objects. You agree not to enter or permitguests to enter under the work area at any time, whether or not workers are present. LIFEPROOF Roofing & Construction is NOTRESPONSIBLE FOR INJURIES TO YOU, FAMILY MEMBERS, OR GUESTS WHO ENTER THE WORK AREA
1. LIFEPROOF Roofing & Construction and any employees or agents are not acting in the capacity as a “Public Adjuster”. We do not receiveenumeration as outlined in the state law pertaining to Public Adjusters. 2. It is the owners responsibility to inspect and verify product andcolor selection prior to installation.